Tokyo Humanities Cafe 14 (26 Oct)
Join us for our free* Halloween event on Thursday, 26 October (19:30 - 21:15).
Our new venue is Ryozan Park Lounge, 2 minutes' walk from Sugamo Station on the Yamanote line, and 5 minutes from Komagome Station (Namboku Line).
The bar has a great atmosphere and food and drinks are available while you listen.
Our four speakers will discuss their work in a lively and accessible way in English:
• Jenevieve Van-Veda (Aberystwyth University, Wales) “Visualizing the Night Parade of 100 Demons”
• Waiyee Loh (Kanagawa University, Yokohama) “Singapore and Japan in Comics: Charlie Chan and Rurouni Kenshin”
• Philip Pholeros Porter (University of Technology, Sydney) “Café Poetry Project – Australia”
• Erica Ward and Kō (artist and perfumer) “Collaborating to Interpret Tokyo into Art and Fragrance”
The event is compèred by Alex Watson. Full details (including access map) are on our website: http://www.tokyohumanities.org/cafe.html
Please come and bring your friends!
* Our cafes are free to attend - please just buy at least one drink (or food) to thank the bar for their hospitality in hosting us.